Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Anniversary Pie

Yesterday was IV and my 3rd anniversary! We had a lovely day- of dropping DV at mom's day out- sharing the car- him working and me running errands....

But, I did have the opportunity to make IV my first "from scratch crust" cherry pie EVER. Actually, the crust came out quite well!

I used a recipe that is all butter (trying to avoid those trans-fats) and the food processor.

IV was so happy (or he acted well) that I made it for him (pie is his favorite) that I think I will do it again!

IV also gave me a LOVELY card and my china and we went out to dinner (with DV) at The Original Oyster House and DID NOT have a cocktail sauce in the lap experience!

Overall, it was a lovely day! But, someday I'd like to celebrate with just IV again....

3 comments:

Toni said...

Your pie is beautiful! I have attempted a scratch crust a few times- it never looked this good! Happy Anniversary!

Jennifer aka Binky Bitch said...

I'm vary impressed!!

Queen Heather said...

Happy Anniversary to you too!

Look at that pie. That nice American pie. hehe!