Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Thank you


Both of my grandfathers served our country as members of the military.

One grandfather was a proud member of the Navy for 30 years. He worked on aircraft carriers and flew in the planes. He has a whole case full of medals- and after retirement he went on to get his PhD and have a second career.

One grandfather was drafted into the Army and served his required time with honor. He went on to be successful in many business endeavors. He retired early and enjoyed his golden years in sunny Florida.

On July 4th, I am reminded how proud I am to be American.

I am reminded how grateful I am to the members of the armed services who fought for our freedom.

I am reminded that I am grateful for the members of the military defending us today.

I am thankful for those who gave their lives for our freedom and protection. You are not forgotten.

On July 4th, take time to thank those who fought and who fight for our independence. When you see the fireworks or eat the hamburgers remember just what we celebrate on Independence Day.

1 comment:

Special K ~Toni said...

Happy Independence Day! Hope you have a great time!

Check out my contest!