Monday, May 7, 2007

A GREAT Book!

Something you should know about me before reading this post.... I love books- almost every book- especially fiction and most especially good fiction.

What do I mean by good fiction? A plot that really grabs you and brings you into the lives of the characters. A book that makes you laugh and cry. Something that seems like it could/should be real.

I found all this and more in the book The Girls by Lori Lansens. I don't want to spoil the story for any of you- so I'll just say it's about 2 conjoined sisters- and who they are- not their handicap. At points you totally forget that they are conjoined twins.

I got to the end of the book and turned the pages for more. It was that good. One twin is a writer and one is a history buff and they're as different as sisters can be.

Go read it already!!!!

It's a great book! It made me think!

4 comments:

Special K ~Toni said...

A book that you want more of?? I will be checking it out! Thanks for the tip! ♥

One Tired Mom said...

Humm sounds like I would get in trouble if I started reading that instead of working on my prospectus. Oh well might have to check it out anyways!

Heather said...

Can't wait to read it. Then have the book club meeting. More yummy food. Can we con Amanda into making her famous salad for that meeting? yum!

Jennifer said...

Heather- mmmmm Amanda's salad I hope we can talk her into it!
One tired Mom- you know you have to do some fun stuff too... take it from a former grad. student