Thursday, June 14, 2007

Thursday 13 Reasons to Start a Home-Based Business...

Toni is my favorite Thursday 13 gal- although everyone I've read is funny! Check out Toni's HILARIOUS post about poor Paris Hilton.

I have been working on starting a home based business (ever wonder why I haven't been blogging as much lately?)

So, here's my Thursday 13!

13 Excellent Reasons to Start a Home-Based Business

1. You need extra cash (So true, but what I have produced so far is extra expenses....)
2. Ability to predict finances (I project we should be profitable in 2 months max!)
3. Extra time on your hands (hmmmm.... ok so I didn't have any, but see reason 1)
4. You would like to take-over a room of your small house (my office is now an office/store room)
5. It's summer time so I won't be too busy (why did I think that?????)

OK, out with the sarcasm....
6. I love meeting new people.
7. I love designing jewelry.
8. I was getting just a little bored with the whole house cleaning thing.
9. Parties!!!! Fun!
10. Extra income so I can continue to stay-at-home with IV.
11. Jewelry counts as a business expense!
12. New clothes are required to show off jewelry!
13. Shopping at Sams Club in the business hours (how did I ever stand it before?)

Overall, I am already so happy with being a self-employed gal! But I don't have any time for TV, or novel reading, or well, anything other than being a mommy and work. I am trying to make time for IV- we had to schedule a date this week!

If you'd like to know more about my new business venture see my website: www.ditybeads.com/jennie

Have a lovely Thursday!

PS- Local gals I am having an open house (read free food and alcohol) on Saturday, June 23 from 2-5pm

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Good luck with your new business! I'm going to try and stop by for the open house.

Toni said...

Hey! That's me! How far are you from me (TX)? Free food & alcohol makes the drive do-able!

Good luck on your business venture!

Jennie said...

Yay, Amanda can't wait to see you!!

Jennie said...

Toni- well, we just drove to Orange TX and that's about 5 hrs.... you're welcome but I think the gas might not be worth it. :)

DH's folks live near Corpus Christi but we had to go to Orange for a wedding.