Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The importance of mothering

I have been reading the book Holiness for Housewives (and other working women) by Dom Hubert Van Zeller.

I found this quote, "How can it be a career to tell other people's children about the Rule of Three, and a small career to tell one's own children about the universe? How can it be broad to be the same thing to everyone, and narrow to be everything to someone?"

And also, "A women's function is laborius; but because it is gigantic not because it is minute."

I really loved both of these quotes because they help me to remember how important my first job is.

There's only one person in the world who I get to mother- and I am the center of his universe right now. That doesn't last long.

I am reminded to appreciate the time with DV when he is small and value myself for what I am doing with him.

Mothers I appreciate you!!! Don't forget to appreciate yourselves!

No comments: