Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Easy Shortbread





I haven't had as much time as usual for baking for IV and DV so I have been searching for quick, scratch recipes. This recipe is great because you can do everything in the food processor and the ingredients are ones I always have around. I found it in my local paper and modified slightly:


Brown Sugar Shortbread

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. sugar
pinch ground cinnamon

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Lightly butter a 9" springform pan. In the food processor (or mixer) process the butter until soft. Add brown sugar and vanilla, process. Add the flour and salt; do not over mix. The dough should look a bit crumbly (see photo.) Press into pan using fingers. Combine 1 tbsp sugar with cinnamon and sprinkle over top. Cut into wedges and pierce each several times with a fork. Bake until golden brown and firm at edges while still soft in center. 40-45 minutes. Cool in pan and recut wedges. Store in an airtight container.
This is my entry in the works for me Wednesday kitchen organization edition! It works for me!

3 comments:

Heart of Wisdom said...

yummy! That looks great. Martha Stewart has nothing on you gal!

I have two blog post this Tuesday. Photos of our typical morning on my personal blog at http://heartofwisdom.com/heartathome and an explanation of Changes at my homeschool blog
http://heartofwisdom.com/blog

Come See Me!
Robin@heartofwisdom.com

tarable said...

This looks Delish! I am a big fan of shortbread and this looks like a really easy recipe with minimal clean up. Its always good to find something else to do with my springform pans too, since I only make cheesecake a couple times a year. I think I'll set some butter out to soften right now! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm... that looks good. I'll have to try it!