Saturday, April 19, 2014

Holy Saturday

Today is Holy Saturday.

A day of waiting.

A day of reflection.

The day that Jesus is dead... to us on Earth.... but not in the tomb either as we know now.

Tradition says that on Holy Saturday:

"What is happening? Today there is a great silence over the earth, a great silence, and stillness, a great silence because the King sleeps; the earth was in terror and was still, because God slept in the flesh and raised up those who were sleeping from the ages. God has died in the flesh, and the underworld has trembled.
Truly he goes to seek out our first parent like a lost sheep; he wishes to visit those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death. He goes to free the prisoner Adam and his fellow-prisoner Eve from their pains, he who is God, and Adam’s son."
This quote is from a reflection by Father Robert Barron at Word on Fire.  The more I look into Father Barron's page the more I get out of it personally.

But, what I wanted to say today is simple- it is HOLY SATURDAY.

Tomorrow is EASTER SUNDAY.

Holy Thursday, Good Friday, Holy Saturday and Easter Sunday make up the most holy time of the entire year!!!!

And, we as a people have forgotten.  We are asleep.  Wake up!  He is coming!  He is here!  Jesus is in your Church, in your brothers and sisters, in the sick, the poor, the forgotten, the children, please..... don't forget.

Especially today.

I would love to make a rosary today... even a simple one.  Every year I want to, and every year for one reason or another I cannot.  Again, it is not my year.

Is it yours?  If so.... here is a video of one way,  this one takes about 20 feet (I think) of twine and some knot tying.  That's it.

Jennie

PS- The video below was freely available on you tube and I am sure there are many more, but I watched this one and it looked great.  I once owned a rosary just like this, and recently gave it away.  I was looking for just the right home. ;)

No comments: