Monday, July 28, 2008

Simple Fudge Search


I am on the hunt for a simple (read as no candy thermometer) recipe for fudge. I am working on my project now so that by Christmas time I will be ready! Homemade fudge for DV's teachers with the lovely Christmas ornaments I ordered on discount from Lenox.

The first recipe I tried is called "Simple Chocolate Fudge" and I read it in Everyday Food. Of course I modified it a little bit..
  • 4 tbs. butter
  • 3 cups mini marshmallows
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup evaporated milk
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla
  • 2 cups chocolate chips

The original recipe (and thus the photo) also includes 1 cup walnuts, and calls for heavy cream instead of evaporated milk.

The fudge tastes lovely but did not set-up as well as I would have liked. I had to put it in the freezer to get it to set- and then when moved to the refrigerator the fudge is a little soft. Probably too soft for gift giving but fine for eating. So I am still on the quest.

If anyone has a suggestion please share!

1 comment:

tarable said...

Jennie - I have the BEST recipe for fudge that is so easy and is made all in the microwave. I will e-mail it to you tomorrow.

Very cute pictures in the post above! Your husband totally looks like a chemistry professor. Nice to put a pretty face to your name.