Monday, August 20, 2007

Fresh starts... how I miss you!

Around here the universities are just starting for the fall semester- and the schools are just starting too.

I am having a nagging feeling of missing something.

What am I missing? I think it's the feeling of a fresh start.

That pleasant/scary feeling you get at the beginning of a new year? Or when you move to a new town? Or start a new job?

I kind of miss it.... I find myself looking with longing at university ads- remembering moving into the dorms.

Sigh... it's fall but I don't have anything new to start or anything to end- not anything big, anyway.

I guess that's all part of being an adult... life is one line instead of a series of more exciting bumps in the road.

6 comments:

One Tired Mom said...

The bumps are all the exciting! And I guess I can't complain since the only class I have to take this fall is your husbands! You are more than welcome to do my homework for me! :)

Special K ~Toni said...

Believe it or not, I understand!

june cleaver said...

Ah, go buy yourself some new pencils and an electric pencil sharpener. I always find it exciting to write with a sharp pencil. It is what the beginning of fall is made for!

Anonymous said...

I totally understand! It was sad for me when the realization hit that I no longer got summers off, that I had to work in the summer just like the rest of the year.

I'm also sure there are probably some kids in your neighborhood who would love for you to do their homework!!!

Fourier Analyst said...

Bet you are missing the excitement that all kids feel when they get their school supplies! Go buy yourself some new folders, pens etc. and see if that helps!

Anonymous said...

If you end up teaching again, you'll get that feeling back! And...wait until DV starts going to school.

For me, one of the hardest things is that now that I'm in the South, the weather I enjoy the most does not coincide with the time of year I enjoy the most! I love Fall, Winter, and Spring here, but I'm always working! I don't like the summers here (I'm SO SICK OF THIS HEAT!!!!) and that's when we have time to do stuff!